Thursday, January 6, 2011

In with old and out with old

My year is gonna be THIS BIG!
I hope your Holiday and New Year were either peaceful or eventful or both, whichever works out best for you this time around. Mind found me witnessing fireworks on a street corner, dancing to reggae, eating pizza and chocolate and hiking! Pretty much all of my favorite things wrapped up into two days. I went to see The Rubblebucket Orchestra, went to a couple great breweries, and went hiking, a beautiful entry into the new year with people that matter!

A favorite new years tradition always dies in the early days of the new year...The grand statements and promises made to oneself. Well this year I've take a different approach. My "new year" always feels rushed when it begins in January. Too much time put into other people during the holidays to even begin to contemplate what life could look like for myself in the year to come. So I started back at my birthday this year. Yep, when we are born we are new again so what better time to start accomplishing all those goals and lofty things to improve oneself on the day of days, the day of ones birthday. Here is my list of 23 things I'd like to do this year. I am really good at generalizing my goals like "get better at..." what does "better mean?" I wind up asking myself. Or "Try to mediate more" once again, this is way to ambiguous so I wind up not feeling like I've accomplished what I set out to do, when there was no goal set in the first place!

Here it is:

1.Knit a sweater

2.Write a cooking zine

3.Write an album in a month

4.Learn to weld

5.Go to the Edward Gorey museum

6.Make a dress

7.Go snowshoeing in A LOT of snow

8.Build a headboard for my bed

9.Make pumpernickle bread

10.Create a fancy cupcake display

11.Build a snowman

12.Brew a Stout

13.Go to a show in NYC(Broadway or otherwise)

14.Strengthen Brown Boot Salvage online!

15.Make French Onion Soup

16.Read A Peoples History of the United States

17.Go to Floydfest!

18.Improve my skills in math pertaining to sewing and brewing

19.Try surfing

20.Learn to ski

21.Go to a cidery

22.Kayak in the ocean

23.The last just has to be a secret....

Happy new years....May all of your dreams come true too

1 comment:

  1. this is such a great post and list emma - i love them all. but no fair leaving us hangin' on #23... :) i saw your bags at the co-op, fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete