Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bee's To Arrive!

Welcome creatures of the Sun!


Pat assembling a box.

This is the year we are finally getting bee's! I'm so excited, it's something I've wanted for a long time now, but we dove in head first and there is no going back now. The past month I have been working on cleaning up an old hive that a friend gave to me (not always recommended due to the chance of disease, it's best not to take old equipment unless you're really sure where it's coming from) assembling frames, making orders, and doing lots of research and reading. I'm so excited to embark on this new endeavor along with Pat.
I am lucky to have a couple of good beekeeping friends who I hope will help us along the way. Here is a link to a "hanging basket hive" at the Melissa Garden. Prepare to be amazed.


Some new supplies that came in the biggest heaviest box I've ever had addressed to me. Some bee supplements, a hat and mask for Pat, hive tool, and two "deep boxes" the main body of the hive where the bee's spend most of their time over winter, and laying brood, before all those extra honey supers ever get put on.

1 comment: