Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The First Post

Ah, the first post, the classic moment where what I write here will go down in the evolution of this blog as number one. The surely uncomfortable moment where you have pressed the button to take you all the way back to the beginning of the archives in the hopes of finding out some secret tidbit that you haven't come to yet in the dissecting of this on going piece of writing.

So if you are reading from the back forward, let me just say welcome! I extend this to you the reader and also to my innermost self that desires to share parts of my life with others that I do not know in person. I hope that this experience will be a rewarding one on your part as well as for me on my end.

If you look at the date on this post, surely you can see that this must have been sparked by some new years resolution gone awry, the lofty hopes of a person seeking contact in the grossly digital age we're in, and yes you are right! On all counts I am drawn to the idea of throwing a chunk of myself out into the ether to see what happens.

As for Ya want a peanut? A question I asked one day of some folks at our local knitting shop. I apparently declared the question in the most offensive, non generous kind of way, as I held out a large bucket of salted peanuts for people to share. With slumped shoulders and wet snowy pants and big snow boots and a cold nose I guess I appeared to not want to give them up, and that anyone who dared to take a peanut from the container was gonna get a fist in the face.
I'll just say no bloody noses were to be had, and the idea for this writing project began...

No comments:

Post a Comment