Saturday, January 10, 2009

Good and Neat


I have embarked upon cleaning a large portion of my living space, getting rid of clothes, books, art supplies, all things that were once useful to me, but are now finding their way to new homes and new people who will actually enjoy them. The main reason for the purge of items was to clean up my practice space for music. I have a spot to record, keep my instruments, music books, stereo's, mic stands, you name it there is a lot to fit. Here is a shot of my newly organized music area.
        This is a handmade slide that Truckman made for me out of a beer bottle neck. He sanded it, ground it down all by hand. He cut the neck from the main part of the bottle using a sharp stone and scratching the glass in a circle till it just popped off. This part would be much easier if you had a glass cutter. It produces a very nice warm sounding slide when played on a resonator guitar. I enjoy using it because it's the real thing!





This is perhaps the best late night snack I can think of. Candied ginger with green  apple slices and peanut butter. I suggest you try it if you can get your hands on some good salty peanut butter (Teddie is one of my favorite brands) and dried ginger slices with big granulated sugar crystals.

I bought more yarn to finish crocheting a scarf. My very first crocheting project. Check out the link to Berocco's great color pallet of Ultra Alpaca yarns. I'll post some pictures of the scarf later. 

We're gearing up for a bunch of snow here later today and into tomorrow. Lots of knitting to happen in the next day or so I hope when we get snowed in!
   



No comments:

Post a Comment