Tuesday, January 13, 2009

An Oldy but a Goody


I decided to post a of picture here (but also on my ravelry account) of a scarf that I made a while ago. It's from Kids Knitting by Melanie Falick. A truely beautiful book with projects on how to make knitted puppet washclothes, a drop shoulder sweater, a snake, knitting needles, bean bags, all in beautiful colors and designs. I've always enjoyed looking at it.
   I helped out at the local yarn shop doing inventory over the weekend. Perhaps I'll post some shots of how neat and tidy I made some of those shelves when I was done with them! We all worked in teams, calculating and counting,Thanks to my mom for being my hard working number taking team mate we got it all done! We all had fun discovering the hidden yarns in the shop that we never knew existed. 
    I've got my eye on a few things now. I've set my sights on yarn for making the Williams Pullover Sweater and a pair of socks with some leftover yarn I have from making a hat for a friend. Hopefully my mother will be showing me how to do the latter!

I've acquired a renewed thirst in mystery's that I haven't had a for a while I got this and this at the library over the weekend and today. No I have no shame when it comes to mystery's, it's giving me something do when I go to the gym. One is on tape and one is a book. I also downloaded a few podcasts from the long list on crafsanity. Just find the descriptions on the long sidebar on her site, and then I just looked up the number on her listing under podcasts on i-tunes and downloaded the ones I wanted. I started with Amy Butler who's amazing fabrics you can find here.


No comments:

Post a Comment