Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Natchaug River Flood



I apologize for the nasal quality of my voice in this video. I have the understandable seasonal cold. This is the Natchaug River, a really awesome sight when it floods after days of rain. Natchaug means "the land between the rivers" and this river certainly defines some aspects of life around here. From the roadside secret fishing and swimming spots, to the large foundation of an old silk mill the used to sit on it's banks back in the 1800's, to the indigenous people that lived here long ago, this is the place where I was born, and where I will always be from, and that land that I am indigenous to myself. Here's a little video that I took this afternoon, from the vantage point of a large standing rock on the side of the river where lots of people come to sun bath on in the summertime.

1 comment:

  1. i love the new name - it really suits you. it also would make a fine name for a vintage shop... just sayin'... we are spoiled with an abundance of thrifting around here. ;)

    it is still raining out there. it reminds me of that crazy stretch of rain the october of ytt. anne had all that water in her basement.

    ReplyDelete