Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Head of Lettuce


So Valentines weekend was enjoyable. It began with our local Food co-ops 29th Birthday Party Bash, complete with live music performances, 29 Birthday cakes lovingly made and donated for and by the patrons of the co op. Every single cake I'm assuming was fast eaten, digested, and finished off by hungry Birthday lovers. The peice I got was from an awesome (awesome with a big fat A in the front) chocolate cake with real peanut butter frosting. I wish I knew who made it.
Truckman and I took a trip to the Brewpub afterward where we sampled some delicious creations, a vanilla stout made especially for valentines day and branded "The S.W.A.K Stout" short for "sealed with a kiss" and an M.M Blonde Ale whose ingredients I don't remember off the top of my head but it was tasty. We then made pizza later on in the evening.
On Sunday my father, and friend of ours, Truckman and myself went up to see Lettuce at The Snowbarn at Mt Snow in VT. Every single one of these guys in this band are top notch, all play in several proffesional touring bands and are at the top of their game. The keys player (Neil Evans) and guitar player (Eric Krasno) from Soulive, Adam Deitch drummer for John Scofield, Break Science and a whole bunch of other projects, make up just part of the lineup for Lettuce. Check em out. I even got to meet Mr. Deitch himself on the way, I don't have anything to prove it by I swear to got I did...

2 comments: