Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Projects Smobjects

This is a bottle of Australian wine, part of which was consumed while I was making brownies and garlic pesto grilled cheese (mmm) and while other people were fixing bass guitars and broken Volkswagen Rabbits.
This is lovely pink frosting waiting to go on a batch of brownies in honor of a lovely dog that I know that has now passed on to that big field in the sky. Though I'm afraid she might not have been able to eat them herself, I'm sure she's snacking on all kinds of delicious doggie treats in dog heaven. Miss you Miss April.

In craftland, I've learned how to crochet a circle, I'm learning to knit a cable scarf in two colors, improvise my own patterns for 2 simple scarfs (check out my ravelry page for the Little Wing scarflette) and I've learned that yarn addiction is a fast and loose pursuit. No messing around with people that engage in this activity!
I've been reading Ready Made magazine lately. I got a couple of cool craft magazine that were sitting out for free on the stoop of a local smalltime general store, and that was how I got turned on to reading Ready Made. There is an upcycled scarf that they sew together using cut up sweaters and then dye them to your desired color. And also lamps, patchwork pillows, tables, clothing....

2 comments:

  1. The brownies were so thoughtful of you. And delicious......
    We all miss April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi you have a nice and interesting life! you take tasty pictures , make pretty food and i can just tell you're really darn cute
    ps you should knit something for your guitar and show us some music

    ReplyDelete