Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hernani

"Youth is the time to go flashing from one end of the world to the other… to try the manners of different nations; to hear the chimes at midnight; to see the sunrise in town and country; to be at a REVIVAL;circumnavigate the metaphysics, write halting verses, run a mile to see a fire, and wait all day long in the theatre to applaud Hernani."~Robert Louis Stevenson
This is a quote that I came across in my internet wanderings this morning. It reminded me of what life is supposed to feel like. Like lots of people the winter doldrums have taken a slight grip on my cold feet, and keeps tugging more incessantly downward on my mood. I may need to read this a few times today.
Hernani is the mysterious bandit in a play by Victor Hugo apparently. An interesting tale so it seems.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful quote...and what I picture you doing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you see yourself in those words... i certainly see you in those words. :)

    ReplyDelete