Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Flower Fairies


Cicely Mary Barker has penned and illustrated some of the loveliest children's books. As an adult I still love them, and each seasonal book is still lovingly placed out on a table to flip through and admire. Her books have accompanied my growing up years, through each season, marked with images of beauty and delicate poetry in a style all her own. Flower Fairies of the Winter is out now, and here is an illustration of the Christmas tree fairie that is in the book.
I've been working on my ornament collection for about a year now and have amassed quite a few that just appeared, so I spent some time putting those on the tree last night, finishing wrapping, and ice skating out in the open air and frigid winds of the big northeast!

No comments:

Post a Comment