Monday, December 13, 2010

Kraft Paper Lables and Cards

Here is a fun quick last minute craft project (if you have more time to cram another project in)
A little group of Christmas trees cards! Draw out your tree shape on paper, trace onto fabric, and then cut out. I used batting for snow, and free form sewed around in a contrasting thread. Select your favorite fabrics and buttons and use embroidery thread to attach your star/button to the top of the tree.

I've been utilizing some leftover Kraft card stock paper that I used for making labels for my Brown Boot Salvage table a few weeks ago and folding small squares to turn into Christmas cards!


I cut out a template of a kind of funky Dr. Seuss like tree, pinned it to fabric and then cut it out. I then sewed the tree shape to the card stock with my sewing machine.


Then I picked out my favorite color if embroidery thread accenting the tree, chose some leftover wool fabric (you could use an old sweater, or any other textured funky fabric) and embroidered on the trunk of the tree. Then I sewed on a little button for the star! Voila a sweet looking and totally handmade Christmas card.





Now I'm working on some shape cut outs for gift labels!





Just tear or cut squares of the same Kraft paper card stock, cut out shapes from some pretty fabrics ( I used silk, cotton and linen) and sew onto your cards. Mine are still a work in progress right here, but now they are hiding in a closet and adorning gifts.














No comments:

Post a Comment