Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bookcase in Color




I recently came upon a free, beautiful wooden bookshelf, that I feel like just might be waiting to be turned into a receptacle for fabric and other sundry craft items waiting to be displayed. I first saw the idea for decorating a bookshelf in one of my new favorite craft books to look at"One Yard Wonders" by Rebecca Yaker and Patricia Hoskins . I think I smell a new project coming on.
Here is a picture of what I'm talking about from Apartment Therapy.


And Here are a few inspirational images from www.weheartit.com under the search of "bookshelf". Here are the all mighty tomes that we read every day, the intangible sensations we gather from reading our favorite stories and truths, the stories of ourselves, in books.



The Honeycomb idea is really cool


I think the first one and this tree should go side by side together
I fear that someday my book collection might look like this and that I might have to invest in a ladder to slide myself down the extensive isles, so far that you won't be able to see me when I get to the end. Till that day comes, I'm settling for the growing stacks of colored information.

1 comment:

  1. Oooo, bookshelf love. I've always dreamed of bookshelves that require ladders. I would swing back and forth on them and sing like Belle in Beauty and the Beast.

    ReplyDelete