Saturday, January 23, 2010

Untitled


Here is a picture of my owl sewing bag that I made for Style School. The original project is for a makeup bag but I use sewing supplies or crafty items more than I ever use makeup so thats the purpose for this little one.

Some leftover sewing supplies from this morning's project. I finally got to use some moda swatch pack fabric that my mom had given me as a gift almost a year ago.

This chair should have gone in my Mustard Monday post from the beginning of the week, a new free find.




Last night I went to Real Art Ways an art gallery, movie theater, and performance center in Hartford CT. We went to a movie called "Untitled" which was an absolutely hysterical account of an avante garde sound artist trying to make his way through the art world. as well as following gallery owners, artists and the archetypal people that surround the underground world of art. I'm not really one who loves to give movie plots away but here is a link to the website. I thought it was really good, and very funny. If it's playing in your city you should check it out.
In the gallery afterward we checked out the gallery which has currently a collection of Jamaican Dance Hall posters


and also "Rockstone and Bootheel" a plethora of contemporary West Indian Art. Photography, sculpture, film, music, it was all there. A real neat collection of works by artists of all kinds. If you click the link above and look at the sidebar there are images from the exhibit. I love that all the art was from one region in the world, it really painted an image that represents the culture and people.
In light of the everything going in that region of the world in Haiti right now check out Mutual Aid Disaster Relief for their mission statement and a grassroots place to put your effort or your dollar or both. Just people helping people when they need it most.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your sewing bag looks really good! I am so behind in style school, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really amazing and fantastic movie so i really thankful to you for provide me this movie here .Can we download untitled movie in best DVD quality??

    ReplyDelete