Sunday, January 31, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things

Eagle at Shepaug Dam

I got to see a bunch of eagles this weekend at the Shepaug Dam Eagle Observation area. We got to see one catch and eat a fish, lots of younger eagles, and some great views of perched birds. It was pretty brutally cold, but a really good day to see the birds, even the volunteers that were putting the scopes (there for everyone to use) on the birds were really excited and were saying that it was an unusually great day for seeing the birds. I don't have any pictures from our day there but here is a cool photo of a young eagle.


My Blundstone boots don't look this new at all anymore, but they are more comfortable and broken in after a season and a half of regular wear and farm work. One of my favorite hunks of leather foot wear I've ever bought.



I may be taking an introductory course in blacksmithing. I just found out where I could take a class, so I'm really excited about it. Here is a photo of two men who look like they knew what they were doing with the craft.

My Carhartt coat. This has really been a favorite for a bunch of years, anything they make lasts (except for a pair of pants once) and fits well. This is a picture of my coat, without the wear I've put into mine.


Cooking with cast iron! I would love to have an entire set, and a hearth to cook on.


I love this weeks "News from the Craft and Style blogosphere" on etsy, beautiful handmade homes, photography, just go check it out.


My new Wiss pinking shears. Never used.



1 comment:

  1. i love the boots...show us pics of all your stuff broken in!

    ReplyDelete