Sunday, January 17, 2010

Style School


So far this past week has been filled with crafts, any moment that I haven't been working or doing other things I've been working on my projects for Style School, it's a great online class being taught mainly by Elsie and Leigh-Anne over at abeautifulmess and frecklednest. I've managed to accomplish almost all of the projects this week ( I hefty task, but a lot of fun) so this morning I may be rewarding myself by going to a local flea market. Here are some pictures from my week




A visit to my friends cabin, brough me to this doorstep, built entirely from materials on the property, and all by hand, the chinks between the logs are stuffed with moss, and there is a teeny tiny little coal stove on the inside. It's inhabitants are currently residing in CA for the winter, which I understand. There's also a beautiful circle of stone sculptures, a fire pit, and a hunting platform just out of view.
My newly thrifted finds. The faux milk glass vases, the lampshade and the fabrics are for Style School projects to come. I also found these totally neat yarn covered hangers, there were probably about 30 of them sold in packs of 4, but I settled for this sat as I liked the colors best.
One of my photo wall art projects, some instrument pictures of mine, an old 45 that I found at a house that I'm working on, sitting in this beautiful old record/stereo cabinet. One of the last remnants of the people living there before.
This was my find of the week, vintage samsonite for 1 dollar! The zipper works, very little wear and tear, original luggage tag, this one is staying in my closet!
My tool belt crafting apron complete with double pockets, a Rising Appalachia patch that I got at a show, ribbon for tying tape or other tools to, another secret little pocket up top, and big pink ties to hold the whole thing up. Another Style School craft, I had the most fun with this one. I also got to use my new vintage button collection on this one.

A silk/ heavy cotton pom pom necklace, another one of our projects. I've really been enjoying experimenting with different colors, new crafty techniques, even from just one week I've learned a bunch of new skills, and my list of project ideas is growing with each craft that we make. I'm working on a list, and I'm hoping to maybe accomplish a handful of them even during the class, so keep your eyes open and your ears to the ground.

1 comment:

  1. i love all the projects. The tool belt is my favorite....a music patch, pockets and pretty fabric....couldn't be better!

    ReplyDelete